Getting quality sleep is just about the most important thing you can do for your overall health. Sleep restores the brain’s capacity for learning, making room for new memories, improving mental alertness, and increasing learning ability. The importance of sleep as it pertains to alertness cannot be stressed enough; after being awake for nineteen hours, people who were sleep-deprived were as cognitively impaired as those who were legally drunk. These are only some of the reasons why it’s so important to get restorative sleep, and the best way to do that is with a high-quality mattress.
Since 1870, Simmons has produced an impressive line of quality mattresses and was the first company to introduce the woven-wire bedspring mattress. As a result, mattresses simultaneously became more comfortable and supportive, as well as more widely affordable. Today, Simmons Beautyrest mattresses are among the country’s most trusted and best-selling mattress brands, and with their ever-evolving list of foams, gels, springs, and fabrics used, it’s easy to see why. One of their best and most environmentally friendly lines is the Harmony Lux. The Harmony Lux line comes in both the Carbon Series and the Diamond Series. In this article, we are going to focus on the Diamond Series.
The Beautyrest Harmony Lux Diamond Series consists of four mattresses that contain strong and supportive pocketed coils, as well as multiple layers of memory foam. As with many other lines, the Diamond Series boasts both Tight Top and Pillow Top mattresses. The Tight Top comes in medium and plush levels of firmness, while the Pillow top comes in medium and ultra-plush.
The following is a detailed breakdown of the various layers that are found in each Diamond mattress.
Beautyrest Harmony Lux Diamond Series Tight Top
The Harmony Lux Diamond Tight Top comes in either a medium or plush feel, and there are slight differences in the foam layers between the two. The medium is 14.75” high, while the plush sits at 15”.
Here’s what’s inside:
- Seaqual Sustainable Fabric Cover: A cover made using unique fabric technology that converts plastic water bottles recovered from the ocean. The resulting material is soft and durable.
- SurfaceTouch Gel Memory Foam: Soft comfort foam that hugs the curves of the body and moves heat away from the sleep surface.
- Gel Touch foam (Plush Only): A soft layer of cooling gel memory foam cushions pressure points for a soft, cradling, cloud-like feel.
- RightTemp Wave Foam: A proprietary polyfoam that brings pressure relief and additional cooling technology in the form of conductive carbon fibers.
- Firm Comfort Foam (Medium Only): A layer of firm foam supports proper body alignment and limits surface sagging and depressions.
- Micro Diamond Memory Foam: A high-density memory foam brings close contouring while cooling Micro Diamond Technology provides a cool sleep environment.
- Medium Comfort foam (Medium Only): A final layer of foam that’s firm enough that you won’t feel the innerspring coils, but soft enough that you don’t have to sacrifice comfort.
- Gel Touch Foam (Plush Only): Another soft layer of cooling memory foam for plush softness.
- T2 Pocketed Coils: A support system with a pocketed coil design. These coils move independently so you experience the most supportive comfort possible.
Beautyrest Harmoy Lux Diamond Pillow Top
The Harmony Lux Diamond Pillow Top mattresses have a plush, cradling, body-hugging feel. The Ultra Plush Pillow Top mattress is 17.5” thick, while the Medium Pillow Top is 17.25”. There are a few key differences between the Pillow Top and Tight Top mattresses. Here’s what’s inside:
- Seaqual Sustainable Fabric Cover: The Pillow Top boasts the same eco-friendly and durable cover as the Tight Top version.
- SurfaceTouch Gel Memory Foam: An identical plush and cooling top layer, as found in the Classic Top version.
- Gel Touch Foam (Ultra-Plush Only): The cooling, soft, plush top layer is the same as is found in the Classic Top Plush mattress.
- RightTemp Wave Foam: This same pressure-relieving and cooling proprietary foam is found throughout the entire Diamond Series.
- Plush Comfort Foam (Medium Only): The medium pillow top mattress boasts a plush comfort foam for enhanced pressure relief where you need it most.
- AirCool HD Memory Foam (Ultra-Plush Only): A layer of cooling and conforming memory foam designed to keep the ultra-plush mattress just as cool as other models.
- Dynamic Response Memory Foam (Medium Only): A firmer and more responsive foam is used in the pillow top mattress transition layer to make it easier to move and roll over throughout the night.
- Micro Diamond Memory Foam: The same cooling high-density foam as the Tight Top version.
- Gel Touch Foam (Ultra-Plush Only): Another layer of ultra-soft foam is added for a cradled sleeping experience.
- Medium Comfort Foam (Medium Only): The same durable, yet conforming, foam as found in the Tight Top versions.
- T2 Pocketed Coils: The same individually encased coils for balanced support and ultimate comfort.
So… Should I Buy It?
The Harmony Lux Diamond mattress is a perfect choice for anyone who prefers a soft, luxurious, and plush feel. Back sleepers and side sleepers will benefit the most from this mattress, while stomach sleepers should seek a firmer alternative (such as the Harmony Lux Carbon mattress). However, lightweight sleepers will likely find this mattress comfortable, regardless of their sleeping position.
Unlike most memory foam or luxuriously soft mattresses, the Harmony Lux Diamond series keeps sleepers cool with the many cooling innovations and gel foams found throughout the mattress. If you’re one who wakes up hot and sweaty during the night, this mattress will be a pleasant (and cool!) change for you.
The many layers of soft foam, along with the pocketed coil technology, means that there is little motion transfer. Couples can sleep together on this bed without worrying about waking each other up with nighttime movements.
Being extremely comfortable and luxurious with a wallet-friendly price point, this mattress is sure to satisfy the needs of most shoppers. If you’re looking for a firmer and more supportive mattress, be sure to research the Harmony Lux Carbon series.